The full list of allowable items is listed on the customs entry form.
In general, you can bring:
- Personal Luggage: including items for personal use such as clothes, footwear, personal hygiene and beauty items
- Two cell phones or pagers
- Two cameras and twelve rolls of film or videotapes
- Three surfboards; four fishing rods; a pair of skis
- One used or new laptop, one used or new printer, one projector
- Two used or new items of sports gear
- One CD player or portable music player, one DVD player
- One musical instrument
- Twenty packs of cigarettes and twenty-five cigars OR 200 grams of tobacco
- Three liters of liquor, three liters of wine
- Other items are subject to tax over a certain amount, which various by time of year (more is permitted at holidays so that gifts can be imported).
- Guns are not permitted
- Prescription drugs are permitted with support documentation which proves a medical need. The documentation should include the patient’s name and a description of the medication.
Visit the Mexican Customs Web site at www.aduanas.gob.mx for more details.